Friday, August 5, 2011

Guided Question #6

We have seen what you have been doing over the summer, here is your last chance to reflect on what the experience has meant to you, what you will take with you to the classroom and perhaps how the experience could be made better or more effective.
   I feel that my expectations coming into this experience were achieved as I definitely have many answers to help address the question of when math is used in the real world.  I saw numerous examples of people using a wide range of math skills from basic unit conversion to multi-variable calculus.  I appreciated Clipper going beyond their daily job duties to help me learn more about the industry and give me projects to work on.  The challenge in this type of experience is coming up with enough projects that are math oriented.  Its difficult for an outsider to come into an industry and just “do math”.  I know the people I worked with at Clipper were conscious of this and did their best to help make this experience worthwhile.  I truly did enjoy my experience here, it was fun applying my math skills to something that was real!

No comments:

Post a Comment