Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What am I doing here?

Well I am definitely keeping busy here at Clipper.  They have a lot of projects for me to work on so its never a dull moment.  I'll admit its nice to get a break from lesson planning and grading and get to work on other skills. 
I'm not really used to cubicle life :
If I were here long term I'd definetly need to decorate and add a personal touch, but since I'm only here for 6 weeks I'll just deal with the pictureless walls.  I'm surrounded by great people that have excellent senses of humor, so its adds a little fun to the day.
The project I'm currently working on is holding up the blade they keep out front:

But lucky for my arms I found a solution for that:

The first two weeks I've been mostly working on a project to help them automate their reporting system.  Currently they are pulling their data from a raw data program and then creating reports in Excel to show relationships betwen various items.  For my deptartment these reports are focusing on turbine availability and downtime.  So I've been creating links between their Excel data and graphs with Power Point, which is what they present to executives, to help streamline the process of formatting.  Its been a positive experience so far and I look forward to getting into more projects that I'll be able to take back into my math classroom and share with the students.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. It looks like you're having a great time. I appreciated the conversation and updates the other day. Keep me posted. Ted

    ReplyDelete